Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Best $15 ever spent

Who knew a little plastic pool could keep children so entertained for so long?! I bought it on a whim because I had just a couple minutes to use up a Rite Aid gift card in St. George. Brianna has played with it everyday since! She loves to throw things in it, throw things out of it, fill it up, dump it out, run into it, run away from it...
Here she is playing with her friends, Tyrus and Sienna.The blow-up basketball hoop can kindof be seen in a few shots... that was a lucky yardsale find. And the top left picture shows a hose attachment/sprinkler that shoots up water in different directions - the kids love it. It's nice to have some outside play equipment so we can invite friends over. I always took that for granted as a kid - my parents gave us an awesome backyard - a big pool, basketball court, volleyball, treehouse, zip line... and I still preferred to go to my friends' homes instead! Must be why I've turned into such a spoiled brat.  Dontcha love her swimsuit/wetsuit?! I'm sad it's getting too small. But now it's hot enough that she doesn't need it... in fact, if we don't have friends over, I usually let her go play in her pool without anything on. Trashy, I know. But so cute. And so fun to see her so happy!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Always will be the best fun!

Megan Smith said...

We just got one today for Nathan. Luckily you'de mentioned somewhere that you got it at Rite Aide-- I couldn't find one after 3 stores and then I remembered. Sure enough there it was. Nathan has been loving it today.