Saturday, October 16, 2010

First postpartum St. George trip

I've officially recovered and entered complete self-reliance, because we successfully completed a Costco and temple trip last Saturday.
Well, as long as Brian is with me I'm self-reliant. So... co-reliant? Spouse-reliant? Fine. So I'm still somewhat helpless and homebound without another adult. Whatever. It's 1 against 3! I attempted a library trip last Friday with all the offspring and it was a disaster. But this outing made me feel better. 
We have to have a miraculous amount of luck with the kids' behavior for trips like this. Fortunately we did this time! Kindof.
This photo shows Brian pushing two carts out to our car - each with a child and lots of Costco goodies. I'm in the car feeding the other baby  (Costco really should get a Mother's lounge. There's no where to go to nurse babies, and I'm not skilled enough to bf while babywearing).
I love Costco. I heart them so veryvery much. So many fun new products to buy. This trip: Aussie Bites, Black Bean Torilla Chips, and Roti-Chapati bread. And all the employees are always so nice. And they do United Way campaigns. And they have coupon books for everyone. And samples. If I ever wanted to go back to work (maybe in like 10 years) I'd totally love to do Costco Marketing.
Afterward Brian took the kids to the splash park while I did a quick temple trip. Very quick. But it was so nice to be there again - haven't been since July, for obvious reasons. I felt so peaceful and refreshed afterwards, that it didn't even phase me to find out that Brianna had been a real booger and the babies both messed their outfits. Poor Brian.
It might be awhile before I can convince him to do another St. George trip!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

It's so wonderful when you get to feel human! I got to go do some family sealing with my mom when she was here. It's so fun reading your post because it's like looking in a mirror! Oh....I just found out my friend is having triplets!!!! Oh my goodness!!!! I'm so glad I have you "my twin friend" (that is how I refer to you)! I hope she is able to find a triplet friend!!!

Allison said...

Hurray for getting out there! Sometimes Costco is our "date" for the week- but it's nice.

And 2nd on mothers room. These places are far and in between. Only Nordstroms at the mall has them it seems like. And when I couldn't find a maternity swimsuit- I took it as another way Satan is influencing society and threatening family because some dept stores don't even carry maternity wear.

Anyway...cute brianna and cute babies. : )