Sunday, October 17, 2010

Mommy and son

My camera phone makes photos sideways randomly, sorry.
I realized today that I don't have any pictures of just myself and Bennett. Even though my two youngest arrived at the same time, they still deserve as much individual attention as possible. And unlike mothers who have their children one at a time, I'm having to get used to two amazing concepts simultaneously: - I have two daughters and a SON. It's so crazy to say that to myself. Not quite real yet.
I love that I have a son. Before he was here I couldn't picture myself raising a boy. Maybe every mom feels that way about the opposite gender of their firstborn child. I only saw myself with little girls. Boys just seemed so.... gross.  How mature is that, right? But that's how I felt! They just seemed uncuddly. Like all they want to do is go bug hunting and wrestle and pick their nose and put earthworms in their pockets. And boy clothes just aren't as cute as girl clothes. Sorry - it's the truth.
But... my little Bennett changed my outlook completely! I absolutely adore him. I call him my little man, my man cub, my baby B, my tough guy... he gives me the sweetest smiles, and falls asleep while staring at my eyes... there's nothing uncuddly about him! I'm so looking forward to seeing him grow up and become a toddler, a little boy, a young man, a grown man....  wow - so overwhelming to imagine! My little Bennett is going to be a man someday. Hopefully one a lot like his father. He already looks a lot like him - so I'm told. I don't really see it. But I don't think my girls look like me either, and I've been told I'm wrong on that one.
In this photo he's wearing his first tie. It's pink, because he's cool with his manhood and not afraid to wear "girly" colors.
But most of the time I keep him in blues and dark greens... because he's a BOY and I love that.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Yep, Bennett is a boy. "Little" boys are cool - "medium" boys are okay - "large" boys can be really cool again.