Sunday, October 3, 2010

Activity Bins from Nonny

When my mom was here that first week in August she thought of a genius plan to help me with Brianna when she left. She created "Activity Bins."
Each container has a different project for Brianna - playdough, finger painting, watercolors, puzzles, Zimbbos (it's an elephant block stacking game), window chalk, foam shape stickers, construction paper/tape/safety scissors/crayons, flash cards, and Leap Frog Tag Junior (reading activity).
Brianna gets pretty excited when I ask her if she wants to choose an activity bin. She sticks with it longer if someone is doing it with her.
Here she is with the finger painting activity, entertaining her (and Brian, the giant 5-year-old) during General Conference.
It's the best finger paint ever, because it's CLEAR, and the color only shows up when she paints on the special Crayola paper. So no messes.
She asks me to "make circles" and "color A [or B, D, P, whatever letter she did most recently at preschool]."

THANKYOU MOM!  (come back soon! Tomorrow works for me.)

ps - Crayola company, if you're reading this, feel free to compensate me for the free advertising.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We (I) love the color wonder finger paint. Such a marvelous idea! Great job grandma on the actvity bins. I have a three year old that would LOVE you to come to our house and organize something fun like that for us!

Brandon and Kim said...

Cici loves those finger paints, although she grabs them by the glob full. :) That is a great Idea, I totally need to do that.

Debbie said...

I'm glad that has worked out. I am working on MY activity bins.