Friday, October 22, 2010

Flyin' Brian

Brian has been awesome with doing his part at night for the babies. He brings them to me, does diaper changes, gets water for me, and never complains. I'd say some cliche like, "I'd die without him,"  or "I don't know what I'd do without him," but I found out exactly what I'd do without him. I don't die... but I barelybarely keep my head above water. That night was awful.
See this pretty picture? It's what Cedar looks like from a private plane ride.  Brian texted it to me. I texted back a very snide, "STOP BRAGGING!"
While I stayed home all by myself trying to take care of 3 under 3, Brian spent the evening soaring above Southern Utah and the Wasatch Front. He had to pick up a rental in SLC, and happened to know a pilot going there from St. George. How convenient. For him. For me... it was the worst news ever. I almost cried when he told me he wasn't coming home til the wee morning hours. Bedtime is HARD solo. I always have to guard the babies against Brianna... she doesn't hurt them on purpose (I think), but she likes to play with them - games like hide the baby, where she puts a heavy blanket over their head and says, "where did Bennett go?"    It'd be funny... if it didn't give me a panic attack just thinking about it. So I have to stay in the same room as both babies. So what do I do when I'm in the bathroom, both of them half bathed, and I realize their jammies are across the house... plus Brianna's in the tub, throwing her toys into the toilet, begging me to come wash her hair, I'm starving cuz I haven't had a free minute to eat dinner, I'm grumpy because I never got to go running that day, the phone is ringing... and I know there's no respite coming. It's all me.  We somehow survived... I managed to get both babies to bed while Brianna ran around the house air-drying... then I got her to bed (which she wasn't happy about doing without kissing her daddy goodnight), then I got back to the babies because they had woken up again...then I heard Brianna playing with her toys, but since the lights stayed off in her room I didn't care and just went to bed. 
The next morning Brian asked why the bathroom was a wet wreck.  I told him it was because he was on an airplane.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Amen!!!

Debbie said...

Don't take your eyes off ANY of them!