Friday, October 29, 2010

Great Grandma

Last Saturday we got a little crazy brave and took a day trip "up North" (that's how people here refer to all Utah cities from Utah County up). Brian went to his cousin Brooke's wedding in Provo, and since I obviously couldn't go (the kids tend to be a little irreverent during weddings everything) I decided that I might as well be totally wild & crazy and drive even farther North. Never doing that again by myself. I had to stop a bazillion times for the babies, sing Old Macdonald overandoverandover with Brianna, protect my vehicle and precious cargo from psychotic Utah drivers, weave around massive construction on I-15, and swim through torrential rain. Fortunately my final destination was an LLL workshop - just about the safest and most accommodating place for us possible. Loved spending the afternoon there. That was all the way up in Ogden, but we stopped in Bountiful to drop Brianna off at my cousin Jill's (thank you Frasiers!!) and to visit this Great lady:
Our children with Oneita Smith - their mother's father's mother
She seemed genuinely delighted for the surprise visit, which made me feel really good. I know she gets pretty lonely. But at age 87 she still stays busy and is always serving others. She's a wonderful person for Brianna and I to be named after.

1 comment:

BBS said...

Thanks again Chelsea for coming so far with your precious babies and for supporting us. We loved seeing Brian and having him in the photos... And missed you. Loved reading this sweet post. Happy Halloween!!