Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Mailgirl

We're leaning towards bringing Brianna to Kauai with us.
Not for lack of options - we had two wonderful, generous, (crazy?) people offer to care for her all week (thank you Becky/BrianSmith and Kecia!)
But I really do get sick when I think of leaving her.
But I really do get sick when I think of bringing her.
ugh... this is a hard decision! And very logistically complicated either way.
Brian claims that Brianna would have soooo much fun playing at the beach.
I say all that fun would be negated by the torture of the heinous travel time.
And if we're just interested in simply letting Brianna have FUN...
Then THIS is what we would let her do all day:

Yeah, get the mail. She thinks it's the greatest activity on earth. She asks for it several times a day ("mahl! mahl! owside!") She insists on doing it all: holding the keys, turning them in the hole, retrieving the contents...

Who needs a tropical vacation when you have a mailbox?!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Holy cow Brianna looks like such a big girl in that picture! What a cutie!
Grace loves getting the mail too, but the trouble is that it takes me forever to get her away from the mailboxes! I always end up trying to lure her away with a distraction.
Good luck on your trip plans! At least you don't have to worry about paying for her seat yet!

Unknown said...

My girls love getting the mail too and it is always the highlight of their day.

Sam and Melissa said...

I say leave the child. Not that she isn't cute, but it would be like another honeymoon with just you too! Too bad you can't just do half and half, huh. But then again, I'm not a mom so maybe my advice isn't the best...

mmm... said...

i agree. just go with brian. it would be so much fun. but then again. . . i'm not a mom either!