Sunday, August 9, 2009

haaapppyyy birrrthdaaayyyy tooo meeeee

It's my birthday. Feel free to sing.

I know I feel like singing, cuz I got one of the greatest gifts ever - a good friend back! Nadia and I hadn't spoken in about 7 years. Don't ask why - it's a long story... that I don't really know... though I have a better idea now after a nice long chat on Greenbluff in WA. But I still can't make sense of how silly things like this happen. Nadia was my best friend through Jr.H/HS. We did the craziest crap together (literally - another long story though).

Fast forward through lots of happy warm fuzzy reuniting moments... I got this card a couple days ago:

Hope you can see the photo clearly. It's a little girl in a swing making a very unhappy face.
The inside of the card reads: "Perhaps the cruelest of her childhood memories was one in which she was squished into a leather contraption hanging from chains and pushed endlessly back and forth, back and forth.... Happy Birthday!"
Brian didn't really get it or think it was as hilarious as I did. Brian and I don't have the same sense of humor. But Nadia and I do! And she even knew it would make my day to have fuzzy monkey stickers all over the envelope. But what she doesn't know is how it felt to just get that card in the mail and see her handwriting. She has very cute, unique handwriting that I've never seen anyone get close to imitating (probably cuz she's left-handed. I think I made fun of her once for that... maybe that's why she broke up with me 7 years ago). Just seeing the handwriting created a happy wave of nostalgia.
So this card and what is represents is probably going to stand out as my favorite gift this year. Unless Brianna comes up with something amazing - like potty training herself **smiling just thinkin bout it**

P.S. Other birthday gifts worthy of an honorable mention: mom sent me to Janice at Highlights Spa for an out-of-this-world facial, Brian's mom sent a very generous gift in the mail including solar lights for the yard, my former real estate agent sent a cute postcard, and Brian just booked us a trip to the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico for next month :) And he promised to let me sleep in as long as I want on my birthday morning. With Brianna still on her 6:15am internal alarm clock, that might just be my favorite present...

11 comments:

Julie said...

happy happy birthday were so glad your here....la la la la la la la!!! :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHELSEA!!! Sounds like an awesome day already!! OH and the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico - sounds super amazing and I am yep -- jealous!! :) So you taking the beautiful little tike?

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR CHELSEA! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

Veronica said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Amy Hunter said...

Happy Birthday from all of us Hunters! Congratulations on your reunion. Gotta Love those healing times.

Jessi said...

Happy Birthday, Chelsea!!! I'm so jealous of your vacation, that sounds like it will be amazing.

Jessi said...

Happy Birthday, Chelsea!!! I'm so jealous of your vacation, that sounds like it will be amazing.

Dan and Anne said...

Happy Happy Birthday Chelsea Dear! And congrats on Nursery.... we've been sneaking beckett in for the last month and I love it! Enjoy!

Becky and Brian said...

Happy Birthday! What a great present you got. A vacation with the hubby sounds wonderful!

Sam and Melissa said...

Happy Birthday! How old are you? So are you guys cruising or staying in hotels on your trip? Sounds awesome.

BBS said...

Happy Birthday Chelsea in Cedar City! I guess that the Sunday threw me off--hope your day was wonderful--so fun that you got to listen in church.

Unknown said...

Happy day to you. I am still laughing about the card.