Monday, August 3, 2009

stuff, etc.

-Our garage door is off-set, our grass needs treatment, and the dishwasher isn't cleaning dishes very well. Sometimes it's annoying to be a homeowner.
-I really like my Visiting Teaching setup. My partner is a super-granola super-Utahan. We visit one less-active, one inactive who tries to hide from us, and one veryvery active (who happens to be the most gorgeous girl I've ever seen. Is that weird to say?). I have great stories about my encounters with these 4 ladies.
-All the counting practice with Brianna has paid off. She walks around counting throughout the day. She frequently skips 1, 4, 10, and usually ends at 14. Then she claps for herself.
-I just found out there are a group of ladies who get together a couple mornings each week to workout in the gym at the stake center behind our house. We let the kids run around while one girl "teaches" the class (kickboxing style usually), or someone else brings a video. Brianna loves it and tries to imitate me punching and kicking. She looks much better doing it than I do.
-I have to do a lot of punching and kicking to work off the four pounds I gained by staying at my parent's house for 2.5 weeks
-Brian reallyreallyreally wants to use his remaining 10 vacation days next month in Hawaii, on Kauai. We found roundtrip tix for $391. But I really don't wanna take Brianna on two 6.5 hour flights then pack her stuff all around the beaches she won't fully appreciate. Anyone wanna babysit for a week??

-Conv
ersation yesterday:
Brian: "Chel, can you turn the AC on?"
Me: "Really? It's not that bad in here."
B: "Well obviously I'm a lot hotter than you are."
Me: "You don't have to brag about it."

12 comments:

valmike said...

It's so easy to gain weight when you go home to the parents! In Michigan I swear all I want to do is eat at all of the places that I miss from childhood and can't find out here!

Your little niece is super cute!

Megan Smith said...

I'e totally take Brianna except that school will be "in session" next month and that means no more extra projects (focus...focus...focus). Did I tell you that I've got all three kids enrolled this year? It's going to be great!

Megan Smith said...

Enrolled with our home school charter that is.

I realized my last post sounded confusing without a better explanation.

DeAnne said...

WOW! What a great deal on tickets. The one time I have been to Hawaii, I stayed on Kauai. How I would love to go back...sigh...

Julie said...

ohhh Kauai - I want to come too! :) If you take Brianna do red eye flights. You won't need to back anything for her - just some diapers, wipes, swimsuit, clothes (optional) hat and towel. You are set, oh and a sippy, and shoes, and a blanket, and her elmo, and some cute headbands, and more diapers and wipes just in case, and water shoes and sunscreen, and a toy for the water or 25, her toothbrush and toothpaste. boom - you got it girl!

Melissa said...

Awesome! Where did you find $391 tix to/from Hawaii? Congrats to Meredith!

Sarah said...

I was wondering about the tickets, too. We're going to Kauai in November, we've never been before. Any tips on traveling with kids? Sounds like you're experienced experts by now!

Unknown said...

If I lived close I would totally take her for a week, I think my girls would love playing with her. BUt Hawaii is hawaii and I would go anyway.

Dan and Anne said...

You can leave her with us... CT is on the way right? We are looking to go to Hawaii in January and cheap tickets are $805 round trip. There are definite perks to being in Utah/flying out of Vegas. Enjoy it while you can!

Debbie said...

Brian needs to stay cool!

chelsea mckell said...

A couple people asked about the tix.... we just went to the Hawaiian Airlines site. During the last week of August and the first week of September, one-way from Vegas to Honolulu is $185. I'm thinking that's their slowest time of year since it's right when school starts, so they're desperate to fill the seats.
As far as tips on traveling with kids... I'm the one that needs advice! Brianna has been on 9 roundtrip flights in her life, and maybe only 4 or 5 of the 18+ legs (we used to be dumb and do non-non-stop flights) went really well. The usual tips: brings a bazillion different new toys, books, and snacks. But we've never done a 6 hr flight with her.... I just don't even wanna think about it. And I also don't wanna think about being away from her for a week. Torture. So.... plans are still up in the air.

Amy Hunter said...

Oh, but it will be so worth it to be on the beach!! I say take her and give her some Benedryl before the flight (for her allergies to flying). Seriously, I'm not kidding. It would be a blessing to her and to you! I think its a genious plan, and I take credit if it works.