Wednesday, August 5, 2009

amigas

I'm tempted to call my 18 day visit home a failure, since I didn't accomplish the main objective of the trip: to help Meredith with her new baby. I had even paid Southwest to extend my flight (only $19, down from $100 once I explained the situation. Southwest rocks). Lilia Elaine Smith was born just about 9 hours after I left. [frowny face]
BUT... one great event that did occur was reuniting with old friends. I don't have pics of playing with Kinsey and Nadia, but here are a few from Didier's with Bonnie, April, and Cheyeanne:










It was SO great catching up. I hadn't spoken to Cheyeanne in 7 years! Not for any particular reason...just went different ways (and had no Facebook!) The other three I had seen a few times. It's amazing how I have a totally different life (world, perhaps)yet we still have so much fun hanging out.
Catching up with Nadia was the greatest highlight of the trip. I'll post more about that later. Off to the neighborhood BBQ!




















ps - Brian was a good sport during all this girly visiting. He just hungout with April's Justin.

2 comments:

Sam and Melissa said...

Brian is a good sport. I don't think I could pay Sam to visit with my old girl friends.

Debbie said...

Sooo glad you got to see these wonderful friends - amazing how lives take their twists and turns, but having friends who "knew you when" is really a treasure. Stay connected!