Monday, August 17, 2009

A random rant...

I have a love/hate relationship with carpet cleaning. I love how my carpet looks and feels after it's been professionally cleaned, but I hate how much they charge and I hate not knowing if what they're doing is worth the cost. It seems like every carpet cleaner bashes other carpet cleaners, saying they're crooks who do a lousy job - or worse, use chemicals that actually attract more dirt (hoping you'll be dumb enough to call them again for another cleaning).
So I wasn't planning on having our carpets in our new house professionally cleaned, since there had only been one previous owner - a bachelor who traveled most of the time.
But then a couple days after we moved in, I noticed a carpet cleaning van in front of a neighbor's house. So I walked over and offered the guy thirty bucks to clean my carpets after he was done with the neighbor's. He looked at me like I was crazy - thirty bucks?! For a $100 job? I told him - hey - you're already here so there's no travel time, my house is tiny and there's no furniture in it to maneuver around, and it's 5pm - did you have anything better to do for the next half hour? It's an easy thirty bucks for you.
Thus, my carpets were cleaned.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I have heard very good things about Chem-Dry. Were you pleased?

chelsea mckell said...

Yeah - sure. Pleased that I only spent thirty bucks. I think they're about as good as anyone else. If I was willing to fork out the money, I think the best company to go with is ZeroRez.