Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A honey-carrot, anyone?

This is one of those pictures I don't want to post because it requires a lot of explanation... but I just think it's too cute not to post (sidenote: I typically don't say outright how cute I think my kid is. I think it's silly when parents do that - it's like, DUH - of course you think your kid is incredibly cute. Declaring it to the [blog] world is really unnecessary).
So why is Brianna half naked, sitting on the counter, smiling mischievously next to a container of honey? Well, I was making bread (sounds uber-domestic, but it's not - the breadmachine does it all) and Brianna was pulling at my leg, begging to get in on the action. I didn't let her, so she dumped her sippy cup all over herself. Totally logical reaction, right? Well it is in her mind - because then I have to drop everything and focus on her. I sat her next to the sink to wash her sticky hands and remove her wet shirt. Then I quickly finished putting the rest of the bread ingredients in. I turned back to her to see this expression: Why is she shying away, like "uh-oh, I know I did something naughty.." ?
Cuz she took a nearby carrot and did this:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am totally the mom who brags to the blogging world that her child is so cute! Because she is!
I love when the do naughty things and now they are caught! The looks on their faces are priceless!