Saturday, August 8, 2009

Corny, part 2

Brianna and I went to the new farmer's market in Cedar City at Ladybug Nursery this morning.
She spent most of her time stealing various produce items and poking the rabbits being given away (saying wah-bid! wah-bid! OP OP!)
So I had to rush through my browsing and shopping.
On the way home I was on my phone (I know - so wrong) so I wasn't paying attention to her for awhile. When I finally got off I realized she had been really quiet the whole time. I pulled over quickly when I glanced behind me and saw this:

Yeah - she had shucked (is that what it's called? "Un-peeled" didn't sound right) and started eating the corn raw. She devoured the whole thing and had the little strings all over herself.

7 comments:

Mary said...

That's so funny! Terral tells me that once they had gone to visit a family member (I think in St. George) who gave them some yellow squash. They drove home in the dark. Suddenly a crunching sound filled the car. They turned on the light and saw Terral's little brother (just a few years old) chomping down on the raw squash! Apparently, he at the whole thing.

Megan Smith said...

I love it!!! I'm going to show my kids this tonight. A couple nights ago we had soft tacos for dinner with corn I'de cut off the cob to top it with and Annalee about freaked out. She wouldn't even try it because it was raw.

DeAnne said...

I envy the amazing love for food your daughter has. So cute :)

Ash said...

I'm stoked to hear they have a farmers market now. Thanks for the good news.

Amy Hunter said...

That's my girl...well, my "pretend" daugther,at least.

Julie said...

ok that is the funniest thing in the world!! :)

Unknown said...

That is the cutest thing I've ever heard! What a little cutie! I sure miss you guys!