Thursday, June 18, 2009

stumped

We are renting our friend's home here in Cedar while they're away in Virgina. It just happens to be a stone's throw from the home we're buying (8 days til closing)! Our friends are giving us a great deal on rent (pretty much free) so we wanted to do something nice for them.

These are the before and after pictures.
I ripped it out with my two bare hands.... on a stump grinder....

Then I sent our friends an email saying "You didn't want that stump in the front yard, right?"

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Want to come rent my house for a month or so? :D You're awesome

Debbie said...

Is there a plan to put something where the stump WAS?

chelsea mckell said...

Kecia - very tempting - especially with all that cool new equipment! We could have a serious Rock Band fest.

Mom - we're only here for 7 more days. I'd have to come over to take care of anything I planted. So... I lined the edges with big rocks. Does that sound tacky? I'll take a picture - I think it looks ok. I'd actually like to just take out all the flowers and strawberry plants and cover the whole thing in bark, add some decorative rocks and an antique bench, and be done. Maintenance-free living.

Mandy said...

That was sure nice of you! I am a little anti yard work . . . well I guess just anti bugs, but they happen to be all over the yard! :) (i tried pulling weeds the other day and quit after I found a nest of pincher bugs . . . ) Anyway, I'm impressed! :)