Saturday, June 27, 2009

RAAARRRRR

Hear that roaring? It's me in mama-bear mode. I never knew I had it in me. But it's amazing how it just kicks in whenever danger approaches.

Frightening pictures, eh? Are you scared? Are you gonna CRY? Want me to call the waaaahmbulance?!
Well a couple years ago I would've gone screaming and running away if I saw a large black widow spider on my house. But when this vicious beast popped his ugly head out, I grabbed my child, put her in her room, frantically searched for the spider/roach/ant killing spray, and doused that evil predator with about half the can (and obviously took a picture of it beforehand - for proper identification purposes).
Afterward I was a little shaky, but honestly - I never felt fear.
It was just an overwhelming sense of the need to protect.
I'm sure other moms can relate.

10 comments:

DeAnne said...

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww! you are a brave soul! I think a gun would take care of that sucker real nice. OR maybe a shovel and a big whack! I probably would have done more damage to the house than the spider. You go girl!

Amy Hunter said...

Holy COW! That thing is HUGE! It is amazing when the "mama bear" emerges. It's almost uncontrollable. I really think it's a cool instinct. I'd like to research it more...

Jenna Burningham, OTR/L said...

Hooray for buff MOMS

valmike said...

Holy S*&$! Now I can't read your blog anymore! You just killed me with your scarey bug pictures.

The 4th of July weekend we are having some family things. My Brother-In-Law is blessing their little boy on Sunday. I'm sure that if you're in town we can squeeze in a visit! That is only ifyou promise to tripple check your aren't bringing any little black 8 legged friends with you!
-VAL

Unknown said...

I would have totally gone the shovel route like DeAnne! Addison would have gone over to the spider, picked it up and brought it to me for show and tell!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Very brave!! I will kill spiders if I am the only adult around to do it. I don't want them thinking they have free reign of my house

Debbie said...

You take every percaution cause I got some bites that kept getting worse looking and looked up Hobo spider bites online. Yikes - it took me to my drs. office. They still are not completely gone and its been 5 weeks! And theres no time for proper intros, so just kill 'um all!

Mandy said...

Ya, I HATE spiders, but black widows are the worst!! We had a ton of them in AZ . . . one night I found like 10 of them . . . the worst was the egg sack and 3 that I found under the girls picnic table . . . ya, I about died!! I killed them all, but was screaming and jumping around the whole time!!

Go mamma bear! :)

Ivy Lou said...

Since I got preggers I am a real baby (no pun intended) about killing bugs. Luckiy, Mitch has been coming home for lunch and it's usually about the time the bug or spidey or bee gets spotted. Honestly, the other day Abi and I just watched a bee fly around 'til Mitch got home! I figured it was a good time for a science lesson!