Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I have many weaknesses, but impulse shopping is very rarely one of them. In fact, it's quite the opposite - I suffer from impulse cheapskateness. But today on the way home from the gym, having forgot my waterbottle and suddenly seeing a large sign in front of the California Produce Tent advertising the new truckload of juicy peaches... I caved. I can't even remember how it all happened...it's a blur of fruit and friendly salesmen... somehow there is 75 pounds of fruit in my kitchen and Brianna and I have distended bellies and sticky fingers.

7 comments:

Jen & the Claw said...

fun! fresh produce is always best coming from a stand! why is that?

Marilyn said...

75 pounds! Wow! Are you into canning? Have fun. We bought some really good-tasting apricots today at Costco. I love summer and produce that goes along with it.

Malerie said...

fresh fruit...yum...

Julie said...

75 lbs??!!! sheez - I will be coming to your house if I ever need food!!

Jessi said...

Don't worry, I did the same thing with strawberries today. Sure, I only got 8 pounds, but for one person that's a whole lot of berries.

Mandy said...

yummy!! sounds like a good problem to have!

Veronica said...

Ooh, sounds delish! You know that now you are just going to have to make some peach cobbler or something then post on the blog again, right? ;)