Thursday, June 25, 2009

gummytrouble

The warning label on children's vitamins should state: may cause tantrum when given in appropriate dosage.
Yeah - appropriate dose = ONE per day.
Someone please explain that to Brianna.
Cuz when I take these babies out (I consider them an inexpensive nutrition insurance for those days when she won't eat anything besides bananas)... and only give her ONE... she starts up with the demanding ("Moh! Moh!") then begging ("PEEZ! PEEZ!") and unless a speedy intervention occurs ("Hey Brianna - look at the DOG outside! Let's go say hi!") a full arm-flailing meltdown will occur.


I wonder if we're just better off letting her suffer from malnutrition.

5 comments:

Ivy Lou said...

Gummy Vitamins are a total tantrum-causer. Abi is a bit older now and knows she only gets one now but WOW, we've had a few meltdowns, too!

Allison said...

That's a tough one. Have you seen that they have adult gummy vitamins these days? I saw it on a commercial or somewhere.

DeAnne said...

I guess the nice thing about them getting older is that they can understand...slightly better. We give those to Kate too and she enjoys them as well. I think when they get a little bigger they can have 2 per day. (double check the bottle, but that's what Kate got when I realized it) When she would want more I'd just tell her that she'd get another one at bedtime and that usually worked.

Dan and Anne said...

I can't buy those. Not because of Beckett but because his mom has a total lack of self control when it comes to sweets and I don't think it would be good for me to eat a million of those a day... Also, congrats on the house. I look forward to more pictures!

Mandy said...

Wanna know what I did, I bought a costco bag of gummi bears, so the girls got 4 or 5 gummy bears with their Vitamin ones . . . but then, I think you might be a little better about not giving Brianna sweets . . . so, I don't know if having the sugar bears around would be so good! :) But, for me, it was better than a tantrum!! :)

(Oh, and FYI, I had a nephew who ate like half a bottle of those one time, the great thing about those vitamins is they don't have iron, so all my sister had to do was not give him any for a week or two . . . good to know in case that ever happens! :)