Sunday, June 7, 2009

Dam anniversary trip

Finally - I'm doing a real post. Not just my silly texting posts. They actually take a long time to punch out, and even longer if I try to be grammatically correct. So I usually don't, obviously. But I do know how to use apostrophes and capitalization correctly, I promise. I'm at the nearby hotel using their internet again (shhhh, don't tell, or they'll kick me out like the other one did) I have very limited time here - I barely keep up with necessary internet-duties like all our financial stuff. The worst part is that I have no time to check out anyone else's blogs... sincere apologies, friends....I'll return to regularly stalking you as soon as we're settled.
Anyway - on to the report:


Brianna was babysat for almost 4 hours by our dear friend Rita and her boys. She had so much fun, we were lucky she was willing to go home with us.












We went to Flaming Gorge* for a tour, hiking, and dinner at the Red Cliffs Lodge.

Everything was awesome. The weather, the scenery, and my date, who was in full-on courting mode. So sweet. This was his year to plan everything - we take turns.


*Flaming Gorge is a reservoir in Wyoming and Utah, on the Green River, created by Flaming Gorge Dam. Construction on the dam began in 1958 and was completed in 1964. The Reservoir stores 3,788,900 acre feet of water at an elevation of 6,040 ft above sea-level.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

SOunds fun, I appreciate the info on the gorge because I was curious.

Cassie said...

sounds great! you should do twitter if you like to text things that you are thinking!

chelsea mckell said...

Rach - yeah, I figured that Flaming Gorge isn't as well-known as we Vernalites think it is :)
Cass - I am totally anti-twitter. Nothing against those who are into it, I just see no point. The only reason I do this twitter-ish blogging is because I don't have internet access at home, and blogging is the way I journal about our lives, esp Brianna.

Unknown said...

I really enjoy our drives to Flaming Gorge. I think it is super pretty up there. How was the lodge? We have wanted to eat there and never have.
I can't say this enough: "WE MISS YOU!!!"

chelsea mckell said...

Jen - you're making me sad - miss you guys too! At least we're in the same state! (but Cedar to Logan is like 5 hours, so you might as well be in Alaska)
The Lodge food.... just okay. Not a lot of selection. Decent prices. Slow service. I'm glad Brian and I split an entree :)

Julie said...

I have always wondered where this Flaming Gorge thing was and what it was. Honestly ha ha I thought it was somewhere by Vegas or something. Don't judge me. Hope you had a Happy Anniversary!!

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie said...

Beautiful couple - fun to see the pics.