Tuesday, May 19, 2009

New developments on the Brianna front

It's amazing how every single day, Brianna learns or does something new. Here are a few recent feats:
  1. -Brianna can RUN! On command! I tell her, "run to me!" and she takes off as fast as her waddling legs can go.
  2. -Brianna is totally ok being babysat by new friends! This past week I've been so lucky to have a couple people offer to watch her for a little while so I can pack. She didn't know these friends very well, but I dropped her off and they said she was perfectly ok! (or so they say...maybe they were just being nice)
  3. -Yesterday morning was my turn to wake up with Brianna (we trade off letting each other sleep til 7am, since she's up at 6). She kept saying "dada, dada" so I let her peek around the door, and she ran up to the bed, climbed up, gave her father a KISS on the cheek, smiled and ran away! You should've seen how happy Brian was. She scored major points.
  4. -She said her first multi-word statement - "uh-oh, ah doo-did" (translation: uh-oh, I tooted). I know, not the most profound declaration... that's what I get for saying it to her everyday!
  5. -She has started trying to sing along with me when I do the alphabet song. She usually can chime right in with c, e, i, o, s, y, z
  6. -Brianna can take her shoes off by herself and will do it when we get inside and I tell her to.
  7. -Today when I tried a new baby food puree on her, she took one taste, made a martyred face, and said "byebye" while putting the lid back on the little jar.

6 comments:

Ivy Lou said...

Hey girl! Breanna is getting so big. She is about the cutest girl ever!!!

Dan and Anne said...

I hope you don't think I'm being sarcastic when I say this because I am definitely not... Brianna is so SMART! I do especially love the "byebye" to the new food. Good luck with the milk (doesn't it stink to pay for it!?), Beckett hated the Formula too. I actually feel bad for formula fed babies after even smelling that nasty stuff. I wouldn't want to drink it either!

Ps. Thanks for all the support with our move. you are great!,

Unknown said...

She has grown so much since we saw her last (which was what? A week and half ago?) We miss her!!!

Debbie said...

Funny baby food story!

Amy Hunter said...

That was fun to read! What a darling little girl! I love her first sentence, and I love that she said bye-bye to the yucky food. She's got her mother's sense of humor!

Mandy said...

Wow, she is getting SOOOO big!! :) I agree, she is a total smarty pants!! What a great update!