Tuesday, May 26, 2009

VernalMOMs got dirty

This is another catch-up post....my goal is to get them all done before we move, since I'd feel silly doing Vernal posts after we start Cedar life. 

Last month, my VernalMOM friend Sam (whose husband's name is also Sam - funny huh) had a fabulous activity at her place called "Let's Plant a Garden!"    I assumed this would involved digging in dirt, so Brianna would obviously be game for it.

People brought empty egg cartons and seed packets to share. We contributed about a dozen various seed packets, since I had bought them at the end of last season, intending on planting a real garden at our Provo home (not just twenty squash plants). But of course, life never turns out like you plan it. I wonder whether we'll ever live in our Provo home again... or just keep renting it out forever (letting someone else pay our mortgage!), or finally sell it when the market improves.
Anyways, back to the dirt...

Brian had a great time digging around. We filled our carton with bell pepper seeds.

And, of course, they died. Plants don't survive under my care, it's just a fact of life. Unless they're squash plants and resilient to mistreatment.

When we finished planting, the kids all played in Sam's playground-backyard (it's like a jungle gym of fun at her place). But Brianna was more interested in chasing down her poor cat - who, fortunately for Brianna, was very tolerant.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

We wanted to go to this, but Addison had stinking pneumonia! I'm glad you guys had a good time! :)

Holly said...

That looks like it was so much fun. Great idea.

To answer your question-yes, I do cut hair at home, however, I am also in the process of packing. If you don't mind chaos I'd be glad to do it here but I could also come to you, which ever you prefer.

Sam and Melissa said...

Brianna is LUCKY to have you for a mom. You guys are always going something fun. Don'tcha wish you could grow a mango or papaya tree? I do.

Amy Hunter said...

I sincerely HOPE you do live in your Provo home again...

Marilyn said...

When is the big move? Did you decide on a place to live? You have lots of adventures waiting for you in Cedar City.

Mandy said...

WHAT A FUN PLAYGROUP IDEA!! You insire me to want to do more fun things! :) Thanks for sharing!

Debbie said...

We grow (or should) where we are planted!