Sunday, May 17, 2009

The day before a long run...

...is not a good day to buy new shoes for it.

But I really had no choice - Brian had driven off with my regular running shoes on top of the car. Not blaming him - I left them up there. Because putting your shoes on top of the car is just the most logical thing to do.
And it wasn't just an extreme ploy to get to buy new shoes - I don't really like to do it. It's painful spending so much money. But I got these Adidas on a great clearance and wore them around the rest of the day to break 'em in. And Brianna helped pick them out. She has excellent taste in shoes (get it - TASTE - cuz she chews on them...it's funny. Laugh).
p.s. like so many other errands, I've learned that bringing a toddler into a shoe store is NOT a good idea. Especially not this one (the only one in Vernal), where the snooty sales associate definitely has spent more time doing her lipstick than she has using running shoes. Ever. I get annoyed at prissy people who get annoyed at toddlers doing their toddler-thang. As if they've never personally had or seen a child exploring their world in a messy way. It's not that big of a deal - shoes taken out of their boxes can be put back in. It's not like I'd leave the store til I picked up after her. I've learned to just get my biznis DONE very quickly to minimize her playtime before I go. Sheesh, Ms. fake-nail-chunky-makup-face lady. I'd like to let Brianna get ahold of her lipstick tube and show her how messy this munchkin can REALLY get.

6 comments:

Marilyn said...

You probably will never have to see this "Vernal Lady" again. That's the good part!

Unknown said...

It's funny because I had no sympathy for parents before I had a child of my own! I hope you did well at your race. We miss you guys!

Amy Hunter said...

I love you. That was hilarious to read. I've so felt that way, many many times. Especially with idiot salespeople! Don't you just wish you could just speak your mind and not feel guilty about it, just once! Like when you are riding bikes with your kids and a crazy person speeds, haven't we all been tempted to flip them off for almost murdering you and your offspring?!?! Just once? I know, you are shocked that I would even write the word, "flip off" let alone the thought enter my mind. But, when it comes to our children, we are all momma bears. Don't mess with us! Meanwhile, I hope you like your shoes and that they worked well for your race. Also, I think Brianna is the cutest little girl on the planet. I LOVE that first picture of her!

Holly said...

That is so funny! You should have just left the place a wreck so "fake-nail-chunky-makeup-face lady" would have something to do after you left other than put on more lipstick....call it job security.

Mandy said...

Ya, I know that you mean! I think unless you have had a kid recently, you really have no place to judge other parents . . . (I say this because there are some elderly people who are pretty judgemental . . . it's been to many years since they have had kids! :)

Hope the shoes worked out for you! Try having twins when shopping. No bueno!

Debbie said...

Was that a good release for you?