Monday, May 4, 2009

Miss Independent

I've been wondering lately what drives little children to want to be so autonomous. It must be some innate drive... there's probably a behavioral psychology book on it somewhere.
Anyways, Brianna has been wanting (demanding) to go solo on everything lately! She pulls away from me whenever I try to help. Usually I'm fine with that, unless we're in a hurry to get somewhere.

Her latest independent feat is going DOWN stairs and off curbs (vertically) all by herself! No more scooting down on her tummy (which is sad - I thought it was so cute watching her do that). Now I have to be ready for face-plants!

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

If you think she is very independent now, just wait until the spunky teenage years!

Julie said...

oh man now that is scary! oh and I think I fixed the youtube video....thanks for the heads up!

Dan and Anne said...

Congrats on the move to Cedar City! I hope this is something that you are excited for... I mean, nothing can replace vernal in your heart but it is that much closer to Vegas, where all the fun happens! :) Good luck! And way to go Brianna! Beckett will only go down stairs (walking) while holding on to something... she is beyond her years. (year)

Carolyn Quebe Williams said...

She is so cute! Haha, and your swine flu and in-law posts were HILARIOUS. Love it all :) Yeah, small world about Trichler, eh?

Julie said...

So uh - WHEN do you move? Are you guys super excited?? I bet you are!! Are you guys going to be able to make it to Boston's party on Saturday?? seriously - if you are moving in 2 weeks you better stay and get packed!! but if you are down this way come and eat some grub!! miss you!!