Thursday, May 14, 2009

ZUMBA

Sometimes I lose it and do things I shouldn't be allowed to do in public.
Things that involve coordination, rhythm, overconfidence...
Things like ZUMBA.

But something possessed me to join yesterday morning's class at the gym. I see them each day, smiling and jamming out, and don't think twice about it. Totally out of my league.
But since we're leaving soon, I've had an urge to do all the things in Vernal I haven't done yet. All... four...of them.
So I Zumba-d. I salsa-d. I cumbia-d. I tripped over myself a lot. But I smiled the whole time.
I'm never going back unpaid or unthreatened...but at least it's off my Vernal-bucket-list.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Zumba. Most of the time I look like a fool, but at least I'm laughing and having fun!

Megan Smith said...

I had a lot of fun doing it plus it was a fun distraction watching everyone else in the class--old, young, fat and thin-- get their groove on. Kind of like you just jumped into a musical.

Mandy said...

I am not brave enough to do any exercise classes, I don't like looking like a fool in public! :) When I go to the gym, I head the the cardio cinema, it's like a movie theater with a bunch of treadmills, bikes and stuff like that. If I am excercising in public, I like it to be in the dark!! :)

Debbie said...

I wanna Zumba too (: