Wednesday, December 30, 2009

More Christmas THANKS

This one is for Brianna's Nonny and Papa, who sent us two large boxes full of Christmas joy. Though my mother claims she really "scaled back" this year, I feel just as spoiled as usual! We had a lot of fun opening everything (one day before she told us we could... sorry Mom, no self-control here). I'm pretty sure my mother single-handedly supported Deseret Book's sales profits this year. We were thrilled to get 2 sets of Children's Bible stories, a music CD of favorite children's songs about Christ, "The Old Testament For Latter-Day Families," "Favorite Songs For LDS Children," "Favorite Songs For LDS Families," (both of the previous two mentioned are spiral-bound books filled with beautiful artwork and inspiring stories behind selected songs, with the sheet music included and relevant scriptures displayed) a large FHE bag (a handmade gift from my mother I was quite impressed with), and little bag for Brianna that says "I love to read the scriptures." Then the secular gifts - mostly centered around cupcakes. My mother has dove into the trendy world of gourmet cupcakes. So of course I'm expected to as well. We received Martha Stewart's Cupcakes cookbook (amazing photos in that one - that lady, as weird as she is, sure is creative), another book called 101 Gourmet Cupcakes in Ten Minutes, a cupcake cooking sheet with tote-lid, a set of those fancy tips for decorating with frostings, and a container full of paper cupcake holders with festive designs for every holiday. And because my mom just can't give enough... a nice icecream scoop, a darling hat/glove set for Brianna, The Music Maker (very nostalgic for me - loved that thing as a kid), and... Secret Spice. It's the most amazing spice you'll ever taste. It's made by a family friend and sold by word-of-mouth only. Ingredients are kept lock-and-key. I'd rather starve than go without it.
Anyways... I hate doing posts like this, for risk of turning my blog into a brag. But I want my parents to feel uber-appreciated, as they should - because they made our Christmas so much more special and fun.

No comments: