Thursday, December 10, 2009

Seasonal Greetings

Our family Christmas card has always had "Happy Holidays" written on it, instead of "Merry Christmas," because I have a few people I send them to who do not celebrate Christmas.
Then I realized that is like being a BYU fan but not wearing blue in Salt Lake because you might encounter Ute fans.
So THIS is our Christmas postcard this year:
I made it as a collage with Picasa. I really love that software program. And not just because it's free. Though that does increase it's value to me exponentially. Then I uploaded it to vistaprint.com as a postcard and they shipped 100 to me (that's the fewest they'll do in an order). I bought a bunch of 28 cent stamps. So I'm loaded and ready. Now I just need YOUR address! If you think I don't have it - leave it in the comments. I'm enabling comment moderation so I won't publish your address for the world to see. Cuz you never know what kind of creepy weirdo is stalking my blog...

On a similar note, here is the Christmas card for my parents (via 123print.com - much better than vistaprint). This is the problem with people finding out how much discretionary time I have - I get asked to take on projects. Pro bono. I'm embarrassed to admit how many hours I spent trying to gather photos and put this thing together. Just tell me it's great - I can't bear to hear anything else.
Love these people. Miss these people. Christmas will be a bittersweet day without them.

6 comments:

DeAnne said...

Chelsea, those postcards are awesome. I think the one you did for your family is so sweet. And I'm not just saying that :)

Crystal and Jordan said...

They look great Chelsea!!! Do you have my address?

Marilyn said...

It is fun to see all of your family in your second card. You did a great job on both cards.

Megan Smith said...

Oh Chelsea! You did a fabulous job! I love yours and I love the one for your parents! I might frame it after I get it since I don't really have an up to date "Smith" picture now with all the new babies and all. Oh wait, with new baby from Brian and Becky coming soon I guess it will be out of date again soon. I still love it though. You'll have to train me in Picasa, it looks really fun.

Debbie said...

I am utterly delighted with our postcard. Love all your photo choices. What do I do about a return address? Cause if I don't put one, I won't get return cards. I have bought my stamps.

valmike said...

Our Says Merry Christmas this year too. We're obviously Christian and I'm pretty sure that everyone knows it. We're proud to flaunt it! You're collage looks good.