Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The most exciting part of my day...

I've heard stories of children putting things up their nose. I didn't think the stories were false - I just figured there was more to it.... like the parents weren't paying any attention at all to her children, or the kid was the slooooow type, or had other bizarre fetishes like licking doorknobs.
I was proved wrong this morning when, right in front of me, Brianna took the pomegranate seeds she was munching on and shoved one up her right nostril. I just stared at her in disgusted disbelief as she began desperately crying out, "nose hurt!" and "booger!" She tried to phish it out herself but of course just shoved it farther in. I had to pinch the very top of her nose and slide my fingers down while squeezing firmly to dislodge the seed. She really loved that. But it could have been worse - I had images of me rushing her to the hospital, or having to call Brian home to hold her head down while I stuck tweezers up there. But hopefully now she's learned her lesson.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Okay Chel - NEVER do the tweezers thing - NEVEEER- That said, I'm glad all is well.

Amy Hunter said...

hAHAHAahhaaahhhaaaa!!! It happens to the best of us! Hahahahah! I'm glad she's ok. Hilarious!

valmike said...

At least you saw it all happen! I can only imagine how horrible that could have been if you'd been in the other room and she'd all ready lost it up there. *Shudders* That's a rite of passage though, every kid does it.

Unknown said...

LMAO! Thankfully, we have never had that experience. But now that I've publicly acknowledge that we haven't, Addison is going to stick something up her nose tomorrow. Just you watch!
I am glad that you were able to get it out. Just think, if you hadn't, she'd have a pomegranate plant growing out of her nose! LOL

(Sorry, sometimes I think I am funnier than I really am!)