Sunday, December 13, 2009

Responses

-Due in August
-I'd prefer a boy (oh whoops - I mean - "I'll be happy either way")
-I'm feeling fine. I was never sick with my first pregnancy, so I'm hoping this will be the same.
-Took the test early Saturday morning. I saw no point in delaying a public announcement.
-We told Brianna that there is a baby in my tummy and she looked very confused. Now she points at her own belly and says, "baby!"
-I asked Brianna whether she thinks the baby will be a boy or a girl. She said, "Boy. Girl. Yeah."
-I really hope she's right and we have twins. Seriously.

You didn't ask, but just FYI:
-We're superduper happy about this. This pregnancy was no accident - we've been fasting, praying, and taking drugs. I love drugs.
-I'm currently laying on my stomach because my days of enjoying this position are soon to be over.
-I'm feeling guilty because I'm being very superficial and ungrateful and I keep dwelling on how upset I am about the inevitability of my body getting obese. Even 20 pounds looks horrible on me - my face becomes completely round, except for the double (or triple) chin hanging off the bottom. My arms get flying-squirrel style, and my thighs need their own zip code. Oh, and the muffin tops get Costco-sized. Aren't tall girls supposed to carry the baby weight better? Not me! As my dad said at the end of my last pregnancy to Meredith, "don't say anything to Chel about how she looks - she's as big as a boat and she's probably sensitive about it" (of course, Meredith immediately told me what Dad had said. That's how my family rolls).
-I'm a little bummed that my half marathon in St. George next month will be my last race for a looooong time. I'll be too big to race all the Spring/Summer events, and I likely won't be running well until next Winter. So I'm already thinking about the 2011 Spring circuit of triathlons and road races. But wondering how in the world I can train when I have 2 (or more) kids. See, told ya I'm being trivial.
-I'm kindof wishing I hadn't given all my baby stuff away to others. Whoops.
-One of Brian's comments after the announcement, "crap, I better not lose my job now." Ummm, yeah - cuz when we had just one kid, it was okay to lose it?!?
-My Dad's comment, "does this mean our ski trip in a few weeks is canceled?" (the answer: NO! This fetus totally wants to go skiing ).
- 3 of my siblings responded, "well, congrats - I'm not too surprised." Hmph. I'm going to have to stop being so predictable.
-I really am so freaking happy that I could cry. I'm looking forward to feeling those little kicks. I'm looking forward to seeing Brianna as a big sister. I'm looking forward to those late night breastfeeding/cuddling sessions. I love being a mom and I can't wait to have another baby.

15 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That is so exciting!! Two is fun and its fun seeing big "brother/sister" loving the baby and helping..

valmike said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you. You're my 3rd friend who's pregnant now. : )

Whitney said...

That's so exciting Chelsea! I know what you mean about the not racing thing, I'm due in like 3 weeks and i'm already planning my races for the year.

Jami & Mark said...

Congrats you two!! More fun adventures for Brianna too!

Natalia said...

CONGRATS!!!! I'm so excited for you!

Crystal and Jordan said...

Congrats telsea! So exciting!!! Keep us posted!

Sam and Melissa said...

I am so excited for you guys. You are going to do great with two kids. I guess maybe Ogden half marathon of 2011?

BBS said...

Congratulations Brian and Chelsea!
That is great happy news. Thanks for sharing it with us.

The McClellan Clan said...

Hey shoot for August 9th will ya;)
You are going to LOVE having two. 2 are SO fun. They feed off of each other and you both can take one or the other. 2 is good. Now we'll see if I can say the same with 3. Congrats I'm SO happy for you!!!

Chelsea and Cody said...

Congrats! I hope you have a boy too!!! :)

Laura said...

Congrats Chelsea! (and Brian and Brianna)

Debbie said...

this is not Debbie- Its Mere and i'm really happy for you. Yes it was predictable but Ithink its predicatble for all mormons to have atleast more than one! :) So predictable but so exciting. So i'm happy to give you back all the fat clothes... haha I mean maturnity. You will be a beautiful pregnant woman, and who cares how big you get. Just remember I gained 60 so I doubt you will get that big! I'm sooo looking forward to you having another. Just wish you were closer :(

Unknown said...

You are way too cute! I am so glad that there are mothers out there that enjoy the late night/early morning feedings, because I am SO not one of them. Brianna is going to be a great big sister! And I hope that Brian doesn't lose his job either! LOL

The Morrells said...

Congrats Chelsea! I haven't been on the computer for a little while and just read your news. How exciting! I am really happy for you and your family.

Sally Jackson said...

Yeah!! So happy for you, Chelsea. You sound really thrilled, and that is so nice to hear! Lucky you, that you don't get sicky sicks. I hope you have twins. :) But you might get huge. But you'll lose it all breastfeeding.