Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Day

We decided to stay home as a little family this year on Christmas day. Brian had to work the 24th and 26th, so it didn't make sense to spend 6 hours in the car to go to SF. We had a very nice, low-key day together. We slept in, opened gifts, had a nice breakfast, watched the movie Scrooge (old-school B/W version), had dinner at our friends the Gardner's home and invited an elderly single friend, took naps (well - B & b napped - I went on a lovely long run up the canyon), and went to see Brian's SIL Jami when she came to nearby Enoch. She brought a carload of gifts to us from Barbara and Ashley (Brian's sister, whose turn it was to give to us - his siblings are on a rotation. We gave to Melissa's family). We took advantage of our time at the Gardner's to get some extra Swagbucks. If you haven't heard of that site, you're missing out! You gets points for using their site as a search engine. Points are traded in for gift cards. I'm almost halfway to a free Southwest flight! My friend Michelle introduced me to it, and has already earned several Amazon.com gift cards. The Swag-people had a promo on Christmas day - send in a photo of yourself opening a gift, wearing something saying Swagbucks, with other people in the background, and you get 3 extra points. So we had fun staging that.
More Christmas photos to come.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad that you explained what swagbucks were because I was truely perplexed!
Merry Belated Christmas!!!

M and N Tenny said...

Darling! Glad you had a merry Christmas. I love reading your blog. I have one sincere request! Please post a blog entry all about Swagbucks, what they are, how you earn...I am very intrigued!