Thursday, December 24, 2009

Last weekend's Christmas activities

I made this photo collage fleece blanket for Grandpa McKell. It has pictures of his son Kent's family (Brian's family) with several shots of him and his grandkids and great-grandkids. We hung it up on the wall at the family party last weekend in Spanish Fork so he could see it when he came in. And - honestly - so I could show it off to everyone.

The photo doesn't do it justice because the bottom third of the blanket is cut off.

We spent the entire day in Utah County, and I was reminded of the reasons I don't miss it: POLLUTION and TRAFFIC. The holiday shopping frenzy was insane - it took me nearly an hour to get from the mall in Orem to Spanish Fork (usually 25 min drive). It didn't help that my vision was impaired by the nasty gray sky (I believe it's called inversion). The radio people were asking everyone to stay home and avoid driving or being outside. I'm pretty sure my hour-long run outside was equivalent to smoking a pack. Buuuuut... I did enjoy hitting a few favorite stores that we do not have in Cedar. And seeing most of Brian's relatives. So it was an enjoyable trip (besides the 6 hours of driving part... thank goodness for those rumble strips on the side of the road to save me from my drowsy driving)!

7 comments:

Carolyn Quebe Williams said...

The real question is, could YOU be any cuter?! That blanket is so cool! It's such a good way to show off pictures. I love it. Merry Christmas!

Debbie said...

That is an AMAZING gift to Grandpa M. You get a little older and it is the family memories that mean so much. VERY wonderful Chel. Casca bellies casca bellies fa la la la la la!

Marilyn said...

Dad absolutely loved the blanket. There couldn't have been a better present for him. How thoughtful of you (and creative too) to make this gift.

Marilyn said...

One more thing. If you think the pollution is bad in Utah Valley, come on up to SLC and see our pollution. Some days we are sitting above it, and we can see it just hanging gray and brown over the city. Yuck!!

Unknown said...

Did you use the iron on transfer sheets for the pictures? I really love that blanket!

Unknown said...

I was wondering about the pictures too. That is really neat and thoughtful! What a clever girl you are!

Jules AF said...

I don't miss Utah county at ALL after reading this post. Thanks for reminding me of that HORRENDOUS traffic near University mall. ugh.