Friday, October 16, 2009

told ya so

Brianna was sitting on the counter next to me while I was preparing dinner (Asian lettuce wraps - PF Chang imitation attempt). I pulled out the purple onions to chop and Brianna started begging: "APPUL! APPUL! Peeez! Ahnt some! Cut eht! APPUL mommy! Peeeez!" In between each plea I tried to explain that this was NOT an apple it was an ONION, and would taste yucky. But Brianna couldn't be swayed. I prefer not to call her a stubborn child - she's steadfast and determined. Finally I figured there was no other way to teach her; I cut a slice of onion and gave it to her. She bit right into it. Two seconds later she was howling and spitting it out.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Emma does the same thing...some day our girls will learn!

Amy Hunter said...

At least she's polite. Noah will be impressed with his future bride.

DeAnne said...

i like how you put that..."steadfast"

Unknown said...

At least she didn't like it.

summer said...

so funny - what a little character! I believe I shall need to use steadfast as well...hope you don't mind!