Sunday, October 25, 2009

Fully dressed

I've recently been accused of not dressing my daughter cute, or not dressing her at all (I love how blunt my family is - really, not sarcastic about that). I admit, my blog posts frequently feature partial toddler nudity. And, truthbetold... I'm not the type to spend a lot of time and money on frivolousness. I'm practical - I care that she's comfortable. I dress her for the weather, because we're outside a lot. If I happen to pull out pants and a sweater that match - well, then sign us up for the next online baby photo contest! ha. Ironically, she has more clothes than any child I've met. Seriously - it's ridiculous. I had to buy 2 of those 100 packs of toddler hangers - because both her dressers were too full. I just counted her shorts that I put away for the winter - 42. I have 3 moving boxes full of 18 mo clothes that will probably go to Meredith - most are in great condition, because Brianna didn't get around to wearing them. I've said this before - I didn't buy any of them. Maybe like 3 items in her life. All have been gifts and hand-me-downs. I just happen to have friends with children a bit older than Brianna who are quite generous. And apparently good at keeping clothes stain-free (what's the secret?!? I have battled and lost with so many shirts). Please interpret none of this as bragging - I'm simply defending myself, because I don't like being wrongfully accused (who does?). As evidence I'm not lazy/trashy here she is, fully clothed:Notice the hair tie even matches. Take that, Meredoo!

6 comments:

Amy Hunter said...

She'd look adorable in a paper bag. I love diaper bums more than anything, forget wearing pants! Anyway, a lot of us, myself included, could learn a lot from your practicality. Don't change. I love that about you!

Sam and Melissa said...

As long as you are fully dressed is all that matters :) Although I was told Oprah says its healthy to walk around naked. And you know, what she says is scripture.

DeAnne said...

eh, who needs clothes when you're a toddler :) it's the one time in life when you are able to run around outside naked without getting arrested. she sure is cute.

Malerie said...

Except that she's missing shoes...haha! I'm just kidding. It's still pretty warm here and many days Madeline still runs around in a T-shirt and diaper. :)

Unknown said...

I don't think I have ever noticed how clothes-less Brianna was until you just mentioned it! I wish that I had friends/family as generous as you!

chelsea mckell said...

OH Malerie - you turd! I was hoping no one would notice that. *sigh* I'll never get it 100% right... =)

Melissa - that's funny. Yep, Oprah's always right....except when she's wrong...

DeAnne - yep, good point!