Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Belated shout-out to Fall

I think there's a rule somewhere that everyone has to blog about how much they love this season.
I have neglected to do that yet. But our mini snow storm today reminded me that it's almost winter, so I better show a little love to my favorite time of year.
Check out this plant in our front yard - my photography "skills" can't really do it justice. In fact, some parts are blurry because I think there were smudges on the lens. But you get the idea - bright red plant. Very neat. Yay Fall.
And yes - she's dragging around that blanket everywhere. I try to limit it's use to indoors only, but she's sneaky. It gets bleached often.
If you look at the center picture, she's got a "WHOA" expression on her face. She saw a "big bug!" and couldn't take her eyes off it. I think I heard "big bug mommy!" enough times to make me ready for winter, when they all disappear.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have seen a bunch of those plants around my little town and I absolutely love them! I would love to get some for my yard. Do you know what they are called? That way I don't sound like too much of an idiot when I go to the nursery and ask for them! :)

Malerie said...

I wish I could shout out to fall...we're still stuck in summer. I'll have to live vicariously through you.

Amy Hunter said...

Those are called "burning bushes" you know, like Moses' burning bush. That'll help you remember. I love them as well, and I love B's face at the site of the big bug. She's so dang cute.

Marilyn said...

That blanket looks like it has been well-loved!