Thursday, October 15, 2009

Wedding announcement

Not a sibling, not a cousin.... Brian's GRANDPA is engaged!

At 86 years old, he has proposed to an 80-something yr old widow named Carol. He met her like 50 years ago when they lived at Wymount. They're getting married (for time only, and with prenups) soon. I'm really happy for him - he's still in good health, and I don't blame him for not wanting to be lonely.
These were the only pictures I could find of him - obviously, they're about a year old.

















I've always liked Grandpa Berrett. He's quite a character. He definitely goes outside the box with some of his ideas - which is good. Staying inside boxes can be stifling. He's a very active, health-conscious man who keeps a gorgeous yard and garden. He plays the piano and organ very well, attends the temple frequently, and is often very thoughtful and generous. Grandma Berrett passed away a couple years ago. Brian's middle name is Berrett.
I asked Brian what we should get him for a wedding gift. Go here for his idea.

6 comments:

Crystyne said...

NICE! That would be a great gift!

Amy Hunter said...

Naughty naughty Brian...Congratulations on the future step-great grandma for Brianna! Yipee!

Jami & Mark said...

I'm just laughing....can't stop!

Ashley said...

I guess I better click on the link and see what Brian thought. It is strange for me to think of my Grandpa getting remarried. I am happy though that he will have someone to be with.

jocelyn said...

i love that his grandpa is engaged. ps- i read this post before brady talked to you the other night and i mentioned it to him because i thought it was so cute. then once he got off the phone with you he told me about it (thinking he was telling me for the first time). i informed him i had just told him about it before he got on the phone with you and then he realized he accused you of repeating a story to him. he felt bad because he is actually the one who had the memory loss!

Meredith said...

Hello, it's Mom - even though itj's coming up MEREDITH. That is quite a jazzy little band number. Chelsea, FIX this please.