Sunday, October 11, 2009

Lily update

Isn't she getting cute? (the baby - not me). Lilia Elaine is 10 weeks old now. I've been "helping" with her (Meredith calls it helping - I call it PLAYING) a lot for the past 5 days I've been here in Spokane. It's making me remember what it was like to have an infant! The frequent, unpredictable napping, irregular eating patterns, complete dependence, inability to communicate.... but also the total sweetness, the darling cooing, the absence of tantrums and broken household items... it makes me WANT and NOT want another baby at the same time! Lily is a precious, beautiful baby and Meredith is doing a great job as a single parent. She's an extremely fortunate single parent - having my parents around to help - but I admire her for not taking advantage of that. They only watch the baby while Meredith goes to work once a week and Institute class once a week. Mom also volunteers to take Lily to "Baby Spa" nearly every night, where Lily is pampered. Brianna and Lily are just 18 months apart, like Meredith and I are. It is a huge difference right now, obviously, but in a few years they will hopefully be best cousin-friends. The picture above is Lily and I at Shawnee (Singles) Ward today. It was kinda awkward for me to be back there again - I am SO grateful to be happily married and out of the single's scene! I reallyreally wish we lived closer to Mere and Lily. I'll be sad to leave tomorrow - but I'm honestly SO excited to get back to Brian. After a couple days apart, I need my B. And Brianna is tired of hearing, "Daddy's at work." Bye bye Lilybug!

8 comments:

Crystal and Jordan said...

so fun to be home....so what does merideth do for work? singles ward huh?same old poeple?

Malerie said...

Oh she's a cutie! How fun you get to be in Spokane again. I'm looking forward to going in December. Will you be there then?

DeAnne said...

I saw your sister last month at the North Stake Conference. I had a nice little chat with her in the mother's lounge :)

chelsea mckell said...

Crystal - Meredith does hair, both from the house, and at Weldon Barber.

Mal - I WISH I was going to be here! We'll probably have to stay in Utah.

DeAnne - yeah, she told me about that.

Amy Hunter said...

You are so cute, Chels. I don't remember what I said about getting a dog, but it was probably that they are a lot of work, if you are going to treat them humanely. I am against keeping dogs in the backyard only. I think it is cruel. They are such social creatures and really need to be with their "pack." I would suggest skimming the book, "The Dog Whisperer" by Cesar Millan. I say skimming, because he is a little extreme but he has some great basic principles that will really help you, especially in your dog search. But, may I say that I LOVE having a golden retriever???? They are really the best family dog.

Meanwhile, I think you will be a fabulous mommy of baby #2, when that time comes (I'm assuming in about 9 months, after that wonderful 2nd honeymoon, right?).

Sam and Melissa said...

She is a doll. You are such a great sister, going up and helping. That is crazy that you are Meredith both have little kids. How fun that she had a little girl too.

Unknown said...

Way to go Meredith, she must be supermommy. lily is a little sweet thing in that dress! Babies are so fun to play with.

It was fun to see you too, My kids were actually quiet enough for me to hear the talk and I really enjoyed it too.

chelsea mckell said...

We had the best time having Chelsea and Brianna come and play with us. We all went to the YMCA (new on the north end of Spokane) nearly daily and discovered "Zumba". Chelsea likes to "shake what her momma gave her"!