Friday, February 11, 2011

Spokane trip last month

This is one of those ridiculucously long and completely overdue trip recap posts.
The bane of the blogosphere, right?
Sorry. Doing it anyway.
Seriously, I'd love to blog in real-time... but that's only for people who HAVE time!
Let's start with December 25th, pm:
Getting through the SLC airport with our circus crew on Christmas Day evening. It all went amazingly smooth, though for some reason people stared at us a lot. I think some even applauded...

Brianna was so sweet and compliant through all the lines and security we went through. By the time we got past it all and to the kids' play area at our terminal, she was too stiff to go run around and have some fun!
Babies on our laps during the flight in their matching candy cane outfits. Bennett fell asleep nursing and Courtney fell asleep in her daddy's arms and Brianna watched her movie the whole time. Christmas miracle!
We spent a Dec 25 - Jan 10 at my parent's house for a holiday visit. This was the first trip to Spokane where I can honestly say I didn't feel like I was going home or was at my home. I was visiting my parents' home. My home is here with my little family. That's not a bad thing at all, I think. I very much enjoy visiting them and my old stompin' grounds. Perhaps it's another side effect of this sudden increase in munchkins - I'm developing a stronger sense of my family. Brian, Chelsea, Brianna, Courtney, Bennett.... these are the people I focus on. They are the ones who depend on me. They are the people I have a significant influence upon. The environment and atmosphere in our home strongly hinges on the decisions I make. I like that kind of control. Not in a control-freak-ish way... But you can agree that being a mom is empowering, right? It's tough being somewhere for a long time where that empowerment is gone. With that being said, we did have a WONDERFUL trip, and the best part was getting to share my two little bundles of happiness with others. They're in such a funcutesweetcharming stage of life - it's a shame to keep it all to myself. Sounds a little braggy, maybe... but that's just how I feel. My babies are incredible to me. Absolutely extrodinarily glorious and intoxicating. So we flew to Spokane to share them with some of the people we love most in the world. On with the photos....
Nonny, Lily, Courtney and the head-patting pink monkey.

Brianna was happy to wake up to snow in the front yard.
Brian showing Lily and Brianna the cats on the back porch. Deano and Azzie hangout inside a laundry basket on a heated blanket. Spoiled kitties.

Mom playing with Courtney. I loved how she took timet to enjoy them. Big cousin Connor liked them too. Sidenote - pretty sure I'm his favorite aunt.

The "chair-and-a-half."  Everyone in the fam loves it.


Meredith had to label her juice for Lily to protect it from Brian. His drinking problem is pretty bad. The man guzzles juice like no other.

Every time I visit Spokane, I like to do some big organizing project. Last time, it was their basement. I spent like 10 hours cleaning it out. I didn't have as much time/freedom during this trip, so I just spent a couple hours organizing all their DVDs/VHS tapes. We sent like 50 to Goodwill. I love getting rid of stuff - it's cathartic for me.

<><><><>
I got in trouble for bringing my babies to church the first week in their jammies. I was a little offended at that.... I mean - can't everyone just be happy we're THERE?! Who cares how the babies are dressed, as long as they're happy! But to please everyone, the following Sunday I put this cute little dress on Courtney.

Bennett the Zebra Rider.



Friends April and Kinsey made the arduous trek out to the Colbert countryside to visit me. It made my night! So good to connect with old friends. Kinsey's daughter is just 8 days apart from Brianna, so it was cute to see them interact. I wanted to visit with several other friends during my visit, but with the weather and the kiddos... it just didn't happen. I didn't even go to the Y at all! In past visits we went there EVERY day. It's a good thing my parent's home is huge or I would've had cabin fever.  

Brianna kissing her sibs night night. Mom got to witness all the sweetness and sassiness that is Brianna.
Once Nathan and Cougar were gone, Brianna and Lily really became inseparable buddies.

I finally went through my closet and threw away almost everything from High School. I had kept a ridiculous amount of junk, including these boxes full of old notes and random stuff from friends/boyfriends. It's too bad we weren't in text messaging back then - I could've saved a lot of trees.

Our "gift" to mom was a plane ticket to help me bring the kids back home (B only stayed 6 days).  Some gift, right?! But she was awesome and I couldn't have done it without her. The plane ride was a major endurance test for me. Mom stayed just 2 days in Cedar then went back to her busy life in Spokane. She made us an awesome dinner out of one of her fancy cooking mags. Brianna stills asks several times a week for Nonny to come visit again. I hope she does!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Very fun to read your comments and see the pictures. Yep, I will come back!

Brittany said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! The juice thing is SO funny because my husband is the same way. I hardly ever buy juice because I know it will be gone in about two seconds.