Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Insane sweat

For the few that know what I've talking about and might be interested...... I finally finished the Insanity program!  It took me about 4 months to finish the 60-day program. Not too impressive, I know. And technically I still haven't done it all, since I'm missing a couple of the "max" videos, so I just substituted the earlier ones. I really wanted to quit about a month into it, but having that calendar with the little check mark boxes kept me going. I hate not finishing things I start.
The giant beads of SWEAT on me after an Insanity video.
 So gross,  yet  so satisfying. 
Overall - LOVED it. Best exercise videos I've ever done, hands-down. They're super intense, and relatively short - perfect for a busy mom. I'll share my Fit Test results, with the numbers from my first test (Sept 28th - a month after my accident and nearly 2 months after having the babies) and my final test (yesterday. A little embarrassing how long it took me to finish 60 days, but some days I chose to run instead and didn't have time for both).  Switch Kicks: 98 to 124. Power Jacks: 43-52. Power Knees: 83-109. Power Jumps: 42-60. Globe Jumps: 9-11.5 Suicide Jumps: 14-20. Pushup Jacks: 9-21. Low Plank Obliques: 18-77.   I'm mad that Tanya girl got more than me on every exercise. I might hate her.  But I bet she hasn't had kids. So there.
I'm glad to be a lot stronger now than I was when I started. But I still have 10-15 lbs to lose. Apparently no amount of exercise can out-do my horrible mindless munching habits.  I'd love to start the program all over again and do another 60 days, but I scratched one of my discs. So I really only have like 4 of the videos now. I'll wait til Shaun T.'s next program comes out and buy it. It's called ASYLUM.   Perfect.  :)

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I'm impressed! It is SO hard to get workouts in! It's like...would you like to workout, sleep, cook or clean. It seems like you have to give up something to get a workout in!

chelsea mckell said...

SO true! And my usual choice is pretty obvious by seeing how messy my house is, how quick our meals are, and how I little sleep I get! I wonder if I'd actually be healthier if I stopped exercising and just slept instead....