Thursday, February 10, 2011

Board not Bored

I like that I grew up in a game-playing family. My parents met over a game of Scrabble. I watched my brothers play Risk. My little sister and I had a huge stash of board games to entertain ourselves with and accuse each other of cheating at. I still remember our favorites: The Babysitter's Club Game and Connect Four. One brother prided himself on his Trivial Pursuit skills. I invited groups of friends over to play Taboo and Guesstures - which I think were also used for FHE occasionally.
Poor Brian grew up with only Monopoly. Or at least that's what he claims. Knowing him, he may have just only enjoyed Monopoly, thus was oblivious to the existance of any other games. I have a very brand-loyal husband.
I'm excited for my kids to be at the game-playing ages - when they really understand and have fun being competitive.
Here's Brianna playing a couple games with her cousin Lily last month:

Elefun: catch the butterflies in your net!

Whacamole:  whack the moles!  With one mallet, not 3 as Brianna has in the bottom photo.

4 comments:

Kara said...

I come from a serious game playin' family too. And I sure miss those days of sheer amazement over "the fountain of useless knowledge" that was your brother. good times!

Julie said...

how would your rate elefun? is it really elefun? LOL!! oh man I crack myself up! I miss you guys! :) Can't wait for one day when my Mr. B can play with your Ms.B and when my Ms. C can play with your Mr. B!

Unknown said...

I love that Brianna needs all three mallets. What a cute little girl! :)

Debbie said...

Whack-a-mole can get very dangerous. I remember playing with some grandkids once - all of a sudden one said to the other..."let's play whack-a--NONNY!" And they did!