Saturday, February 12, 2011

half baked

Add this to the long list of my personal quirks:
I just can't bring myself to completely follow a recipe.
 Some people would say this to brag - like, yeah - I never follow recipes, and my products are still amazing.
My statement is more of a confession.  I'm too compulsive to just do what it says. I feel like I have to add more stuff. Or change something. Or I just don't want to get all the measuring tools dirty because then I have more dishes to wash.  Yep, I'm that ridiculous.
Sometimes, it turns ok out. Like last week when I decided that I'd try my hand at homemade granola bars. I went online and read through several recipes, a few blog tutorials, and got a general idea of how to do it. It took forrreeevvvveeerrr, but my version turned out decent:


Quite frequently though, I question my food prep methods. And my intelligence.
Because fiascos like this happen:
They were supposed to be peanut butter banana muffins. 
They ended up being just a big mess to clean up.

You'd think I'd just start following recipes exactly.  You'd think.   Hmph.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I'd ask if you want a few of my favorite recipes, but somehow I think that's not the answer here!

Sam and Melissa said...

That looks crazy, I am still trying to figure out how it happened... I am the opposite, I have to follow the recipe to the t or I freak. But your way looks more fun, maybe I'll give it a shot :)

Julie said...

Granola bars? WOW you are go getter! :) Will you be my neighbor and bring me yummy treats? Pretty sure I would eat your peanut butter banana muffins and love them - that is my favorite combo!