Wednesday, December 22, 2010

baby C vs. baby B

I've heard other twin moms often say things like, "I want to treat my children as individuals" or "I don't want to compare them, I want to celebrate their uniqueness."
As much as I agree with that.... the fact is, they were born on the same day from the same parents. They have infinitely more in common than they have different.
But even at this sweet little age of 4.5 months, we're already seeing some consistent differences between Courtney and Bennett.
For example:
-Courtney was the first to roll over, but Bennett does it more often now.
-Bennett usually takes a pacifier for naps. Courtney gags and spits them back out (and we've tried every kind available).
-Bennett smiles and laughs more readily than Courtney. But Courtney laughs loudest when she's in the mood.
-Bennett's more gassy. Stinky gassy.
-Courtney eats smaller amounts and more frequently.
-Bennett takes longer day naps, Courtney sleeps better at night.
-Bennett's hair is growing faster and it is more blond. Courtney's hair is almost a dark brown.
-Bennett does a serious zero-to-sixty freak-out cry. Courtney can get loud too, but it's more gradual.
-Courtney hates when I play monkey-mom and pick junk out of her eyes/ears/nose. But Bennett tolerates it and sometimes even laughs at me.
-Bennett= blue eyes. Courtney = green eyes.
-Bennett seems to be a little more into watching Brianna.
-Courtney seems to like toys more.

Just watch - now that I've made these statements they're totally going to switch it up and prove me wrong on everything.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha! I am totally comparing Paige to a baby that was born 2 days after she was. Which isn't fair to Paige since she was a whole 4 pounds smaller than the other baby was.

valmike said...

It's fun to see the differences sometimes though! At least it's your son who is the stinkier of the two!

Ivy Lou said...

You are awesome, girl! I am so glad you posted these littel differences..or sometimes big ones! It's cute to read and to see how you are! We will be heading to St. George Jan 13-16 and if you guys will bearound, we would love, love, love to see you!