Thursday, December 16, 2010

More Roger

Who blogs about Roger Whittaker twice?!
Odd, I know. But when you listen to someone 10 hours a day..... 
I just love his Christmas album. His voice is whimsical. It makes all of us dance.  Well, except Brian.... it just makes him shake his head and make some comment like, "whatever makes you happy..."
I thought my favorite Roger Whittaker Christmas song was his rousing "And we sing Halle... halle, halle... HALLELUJAH!" But then this evening, in the last hour before Brian gets home (always the toughest - all the kids up and often fussy), the babies made it quite certain that they would just DIE if I didn't hold them both. Therefore I had no free hands to do anything else. So we just danced. To Roger, of course (it's on repeat all day long. Not joking. Never get tired of it. Brian does, of course, but I assure him there's only about 2 weeks left til Roger and Josh both go away for the next 11 months). The lyris to one of Roger's songs got me all teary:
Tiny angels - Christmas angels try to sleep.
Don't let Santa hear the sounds of little feet.
Now its time to close your eyes and drift away,
until you wake tomorrow and its Christmas day.
Tiny angels - I have heard you every night.
Whispering with bright eyes shining in the light.
Daddy, when is it Christmas - will it soon be here?
Well my darlings, it’s very, very near.
As near as you my angels - since you came to me.
Now Christmas day and every day is the same to me.
The only gifts that I could want are you, my darlings.
Tiny angels - Christmas angels sleeping tight.
May Santa bring you all the gifts you want tonight?
And some day when you have tiny angels too,
I hope you find the JOY I found in you.

You changed the world, my angels - when you came to me.
Now Christmas day and every day is the same to me.
The only gifts that I could want are you.
Tiny angels - Christmas angels try to sleep.
Don’t let Santa hear the sounds of little feet.
Now its time to close your eyes and drift away,
until you wake tomorrow and its Christmas day.

4 comments:

BBS said...

What beautiful photos and post. What sweet lyrics for you especially at this time with 3 little ones and Christmas. I have heard of him, but really need to check him out...sounds wonderful. We love our oldest Christmas music that we played over and over when our family were young.

Julie said...

ohhhhh so precious! Love the lyrics - even got me teary eyed.

DeAnne said...

yeah, that gave me goosebumps. I don't even know who Roger...whoever is! I'll have to go search for that song. Thanks for sharing :)

Debbie said...

OMW! He wrote the song for YOU!