Wednesday, September 30, 2009

procrastinating

It's taking a ridiculously long time to go through our PR-DR pics and write about everything (yeah, it's going to be a freakishly long post). So I've decided the best way to get it done is to stop working on it and blog about other stuff.
Today I got this little package in the mail from my mom. She's one of those people that frequently does extremely thoughtful and generous things for others - often being cute and creative in the process. Read the note (click on it to enlarge if you need to). Those who are aware of recent events will understand all the puns.
While I was reading this and going through other mail early this morning, Brianna ran off. She must have found her way into my bathroom and climbed on the toilet to access items in the cabinet.
This is exactly what I found her doing (excuse the tomato-sauce face - she likes raviolis for breakfast):

7 comments:

Amy Hunter said...

Seriously, I want your mom for my very own. Will she rent herself out? What an awesome lady! And, you could shave Brianna bald and she'd still be the cutest little girl ON THE PLANET in my book.

Unknown said...

What a thoughtful Grandma!

Mandy said...

I'm back! Did you miss me?!?! :) I've been MIA in blog land for a while and hope to catch up now! ;)

I've never met your mom, but she seems great!! Also, Ravioli for breakfast, huh? Interesting! :) I guess if she eats it, right?

summer said...

That is the cutest letter - your mom is incredible, and you got the same genes!

I haven't seen the hair "do" until this picture...I agree with Amy, she is beautiful however she looks...but it was a minute before I put together why she did look different (am I rambling?!).

Glad you are back....I know about trying to post a bundle of posts - take your time, and as it happens it will be great to read about your adventures....the ones you have ALL THE TIME lucky lady!!

Unknown said...

That was a really cute note from your mom! Were you rolling on the floor laughing? I would have been!
Can't wait to see your post about your vacay! Miss you guys like crazy!!!

chelsea mckell said...

Oh shoot - I didn't even realize by posting this that I would be showing her hair cut disaster. I vowed not to reveal pictures of it - too painful to relive the horror. But thanks Summer and Amy for helping me not feel so bad about it :)

Mandy - YES I have missed you! Welcome back to blogland - it's way better than farmville land :)

Jen - more like shaking my head and laughing...my mom's cheesiness never ceases to amuse me. Miss you too! Come visit.

Megan Smith said...

(About the title)ya, Chelsea, you're such a slacker. Let's talk about my 3 (or is it 4) boxes of photos I've yet to put into family albums. I've decided the only solution is to clone myself somehow.