Saturday, September 12, 2009

Cuz I wanna win

This is a contest entry for those crazy folks at TodaysMama and Cricut. Be sure to check out Cricut's cool new cartridges and the chance at $30,000 in travel for you and your friends at the Great Gypsy Escape site.

Great Escape Meme
1. If you could escape to anywhere in the world where would it be? Australia. Snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef is on my Bucket List.
2. What song do you play when you are by yourself in the car? In the car... by myself? I don't recall that happening in the last 19 months... but in my previous life, I do remember a lot of Josh Groban. "Awake" is my favorite of his.
3. If you had a night to yourself, and money was no object, what would you do? My initial answer involved crazy adventures like skydiving and that flying-squirrel thing people are getting into... but then I felt guilty. If money was no object, I'd have to spend the night doing some altruistic humanitarian venture. Save whales, starving orphans, etc.
4. What is your guilty pleasure? Loaves of homemade bread. Yes, entire loaves (plural). With honey. But I don't feel as guilty about it as I should.
5. What is the farthest place you have traveled away from your home? Philippines. I think that's farther away than Denmark or France.
6. Last book that you couldn't put down? Wheels on the Bus. I couldn't put it down because Brianna wouldn't let me. She kept saying "again!"
7. When you want to escape into another time, what movie do you watch? The back of my eyelids. I'd rather nap than watch a movie.
8. What is your favorite local escape? The gym. Definitely. Brianna loves the childcare; I love pump class... it's a win-win.
9. How do you escape on a budget? You shouldn't escape on a Budget. You escape with Enterprise! (I'm so clever and cheesy, I know).
10. Best food you've ever had while on vacation? On my three year vacation on Oahu... those purple potatoes in Hawaii at the PCC. They're some sort of yam or sweet potato. I've never found them since and don't even know their real name. The Polys said they're taro, but I don't think that's correct. We'd buy them at the leftover sale in the back of the PCC at 9pm for 25 cents a pound. Especially awesome next to the pineapples. I ate several platefuls.

I tag: everyone that wants to win a Cricut too.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

I like your answers. They are very candid.