Thursday, September 10, 2009

Neighborly

I've never had better neighbors. They've taught me what "southern hospitality" means. Deborah and Tom are from Alabama. They bought the home next to us a few years ago (their third home) because they "just want a lil place out west." From the day we knocked on their door to introduce ourselves, they've been inviting us over, feeding us, playing with Brianna, letting us borrow things we didn't even know we wanted to borrow...
These pics are from last weekend when they invited Brianna and I to join them at the fair. They were so disappointed that the rides hadn't opened yet, because they were ready to buy a bucketful of tickets for Brianna.

But the petting zoo was open:
Brianna was crazy about the "buneeez," "titkens," and " "seep." She would've stayed all day.
Deborah lured her away with some toys she bought for Brianna at the booths:
Then they were so excited to see these "lil doll houses!"
I told her to say "cock a doodle doo!" I wish I could type the way she said it... twas pretty funny.

But even more funny was how excited she got - not at the dog - but at the BOW in the dog's hair. Cuz she has the same one. She said, "MINE!"
More than all the treats and kindness... I'm most grateful they helped wear her out for the day:
They've invited us to use their condo on the beach in Pensacola. Think we should take them up on it?

9 comments:

Megan Smith said...

That's so great. We had some neighbors like that back in Seattle, they took us to the zoo took our kids for us, treated them like their own grand kids and were just amazing people. We still exchange Christmas cards every year.

Amy Hunter said...

That's the most adorable post I've seen in a long time. I'm in love with your daughter too, and if I had a condo on the beach in Pensacola I would offer it so I could spend time with her too! p.s. I covet your neighbors. That's it. I'm moving to Cedar.

Becky said...

YES!!!!

Julie said...

How fun and what awesome neighbors!! My goal one day = to be like your neighbors - rich and willing to share! :):) Where is pensacola?? regardless of course you should go!!!

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crystal and Jordan said...

that is super fun!!! do they have kids at all? Maybe we could meet you at the condo? :)

Melanie said...

so sweet! I just love it! I can't believe how big Brianna is getting! What a little lady!

Meredith said...

I would like to be your neighbor - I think I may have already mentioned that :)

Unknown said...

fabulous neighbors. I think pensacola is beautiful!