Wednesday, September 2, 2009

It's way scarier than it looks.


The first time I tried to dive off the pillar on the dock, I nearly wimped out. I had to have Brian hold my hand. I guess that could be considered fully wimping out. It's the climbing UP onto it that is difficult. But then I did it solo and realized the trick is to not think. No thinking allowed. Like the zip line I posted the video of yesterday. Scary things in life are much better handled when acting braindead. There's your deep thought for the day.

I egged Lindsay on to do it too. I knew she would. She's competitive-spirited like me. It took a lot of taunting and peer pressure.

Yes, I realize my diving photo was a very unflattering picture. But what YOU don't realize is that this is the least unflattering of the 5 pictures Brian took. Sad huh.

PS - that's Connor on the dock watching me. Can't believe how big that kid is now! He was my first nephew. I remember the first time Meg and Steve brought him over - I was only 14 - we all just sat around staring at him. Random tangent over. More to come.




Yay for lake swimming.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You're much braver than I am! I'd totally wimp out.

valmike said...

You've got guts! I can't swim so this post terrified me!

M and N Tenny said...

Looks like you had tons of fun!!!!

Debbie said...

Was that me or Lindsay by you?

chelsea mckell said...

Mom - IN the water? You're asking if it was Linds or YOU in the WATER? I think the answer to that is quite obvious... because of how you typically feel about swimming in water less than eighty degrees....