Thursday, December 11, 2008

wet

So last night we put Brianna to bed around 7 as usual. I didn't help- I was at our final volleyball game at the Rec Center (we lost, but had a lot of fun). I went to bed around 10, only to wake up at midnight to hear Brianna crying. This was really odd, because she's been sleeping pretty well lately. The past few months she usually has slept 10-11 hrs, had a feeding, then gone back to sleep til about 7:20. So when I heard her, I decided it was just a fake wakeup and I would stay in my warm comfy bed.
But then I felt wet.
Like I had wet my pants.
Again, I thought this was odd, since I haven't wet the bed in... SO anyways, I got out of bed and dragged myself over to Brianna's room to peek in. She was standing up and wailing. I went in to her, and she instantly stopped and smiled so sweetly. I begrudgingly got ready to nurse her, (my default sleep strategy) but she pushed away. Confused, I tried to encourage her and my hand felt her bum. SOAKED. I opened her jammies and saw her diaper had come unstrapped on one side so she had totally wet through her clothes. My poor babe was just uncomfortable! So I called for Brian and we cleaned her up. Our little angel went back to sleep without a peep. I went back to our room and was about to crawl into bed when I remembered that I had felt wet too.
But I wasn't anymore.
I don't think I actually ever really was.

7 comments:

valmike said...

I went to change Eryn the other day and she didn't have a diaper on under her pjs. I seriously started wondering if I just forgot to put one on when I changed her last. I did, it just came undone and slide down the leg of her pjs! She wasn't went and neither was the diaper... lucky us! -VAL

kagari said...

Wow that is bizarre

Brian Smith said...

2 comments....
First, maybe it wasn't yourself that you should have been checking. As far as I know you do not sleep alone...
Lastly, you are lucky that it was only wet you had felt. I wonder what you would have felt if Brianna had done a poopy.

Amanda said...

Whoa that is eerie...

Malerie said...

Haha..Brian's comment is SO funny!

Amy Hunter said...

Mother's connection. So cool. I love Brian's comment too! LOL!

Julie said...

wo - crazy but cool story!!!