Friday, December 19, 2008

SKIING

We had a fabulous adventure last Saturday.

Brian purchased four Park City Mountain Resort passes through his company’s charity fundraiser (just $25 each – one third of the reg price!)
So we grabbed our friends

ditched the babies, and spent a few hours on the slopes.










These are my skis. They’re pink, nine years old, and a gift from my dad. Serious sentimental attachment here – I doubt I’ll ever upgrade (especially since I only use them about twice a year).


Brian rented skis – he only owns a snowboard. He had some initial difficultly getting those dang things on. It ended up having to be a group effort.









Brian and I, thawing out. It’s amazing how cold you can get despite wearing at least 3 layers on every body part.



My ski pass collection. Seventeen on this zipper. So yes – I do wear the same coat each trip. Call me compulsive (I deserve it on more than one count…)











I previously stated “we ditched the “babies”… but I can’t lie – I was borderline-nervous-wreck about the impending separation for the entire 2 weeks it was planned. Not due to any doubt of Amy’s competence in caring for Brianna… quite the opposite – I was fearful of Brianna’s ability to drive her nuts! I could just picture my baby crawling around the beautiful Hunter home, chewing and breaking everything within reach. And bawling the whole time.

Thankfully (amazingly/astonishingly/miraculously), Amy said Brianna was delightful!



She took good naps, ate well, played well with the boys, giggled, practiced stair ascent and descent, and the best part – hung out with their dog Ruby all day. (Brianna adores dogs more than baths, grass, bananas…and probably anything else on earth). THANK YOU HUNTER FAMILY!

In return for their kindness in tending Brianna for seven hours, I came over to their home that evening so they could go have a wild night on the town. Eric Hunter is in the bishopric of our ward, so you know how those types like to party. I played with Judson (6) and Noah (3). Quite the characters. Judson chased me with a water squirter and Noah completely ignored me. We actually had a really good time – I forgot how much I enjoy babysitting!


This was Amy’s look of shock when she and Eric arrived home to find that both their children were still alive and the house intact.
Sheesh, Amy – gimme some credit. It’s not like I’m just some ski bum…

2 comments:

Amy Hunter said...

Oh, you are too funny! I hope you know I wasn't lying, Brianna was truly a delight to have. Isn't it funny how kids always seem to behave better for everyone but their parents? Wait, did you just write that my kid chased you around with a squirt bottle? Ummm...well.

Mandy said...

Sounds like a TON of fun!! I honestly have never been skiing. Not much of a chance growing up in AZ, and now . . . well, I am scared I will break a leg!! ANYWAY . . . it's is sooo great when you get to the point where you can feel o.k. leaving your baby with someone else? AND when you leave them and they actually do o.k.? It took me a long time to leave my girls and I was a nervous wreck the first time . . . it must be a mom thing!!