Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Milestones

A couple more were achieved today:
  • Brianna stood up to a freestand by herself from a sitting position without holding on to anything. She's always had to grab something to help pull herself up previous to this.
  • Brianna said DADDY when he walked home. Loud and clear. No surprise this is her first word - for the past several months, whenever Brian walks in the door I say, "it's DADDY! it's DADDY!" and since he comes home everyday for lunch and occasional random brief visits, she had a lot of reinforcement. Am I jealous that she's nowhere close to saying "mama"? No. I get to play with her all day everyday. That's my reward.

4 comments:

Amy Hunter said...

Holy Cow, she is advanced! My kids didn't say their first words till about 14 months!

Unknown said...

cute blog! To answer your question about Emma's gloves...I just bought the 2 pair for a dollar pack at walmart. They are the stretchy cotton. I figure that she's not going to be in the snow long enough for anything fancy yet. 5 or 10 minutes and I bring her in and warm her all up! It's really fun trying to get all her fingers in the right spot in the gloves...fun, yeah that's the right word. lol.

Mandy said...

Wow, great job Brianna!! Pretty impressive! :-) Aren't blogs so great, it's so easy to record all of these great milestones!!

Marilyn said...

Thank you, Chelsea (and Brian) for the nice compliements. You are sweet!
My daughters' first words were also "Daddy". I think one of them, maybe Natalie, probably said "Hi" before "Daddy". When my daughters were little, they thought all daddies wore Air Force flight suits. We would drive around the base, and they would point at every man in a flight suit and say, "There's Daddy".