Saturday, December 6, 2008

Transportation




You might want to sit down for this one...
We don't have a car in Vernal.
That's right - no car.
Brian can only use the rentals for business purposes.
So how do we get around in Vernal?
  1. Walk
  2. Bike
These are pictures of Brian heading out on our bike. Not for a workout (I wish), but just to go to the grocery store to grab a few things. We can only buy what will fit in one bag, tied around the middle bar (notice he already has the bag with him - yes, we bring our own bags. Do you know how many billions of plastic bags are consumed each year in this wasteful world? It's sickening. And they never fully biodegrade. Go ahead - label me a self-righteous greenie. I can handle it).
Doesn't he look cute in his helmet?! I actually won that on a radio contest in Vernal. He doesn't want to wear it, but I insist. Actually, he doesn't really want to ride the bike either. Nor bring his own bags.
Isn't Brian a great sport for putting up with me?! (mom, I know you're nodding your head yes)

4 comments:

Ashley said...

He is a good sport to do that, John might tell me something like, Go jump in a lake, or I am not sure. That is great though and that will keep you both in shape. Do you have one of those things to pull Brianna in on the bike?

Unknown said...

If all you have is a bike you should look into a bike trailor. We have one that seats our two girls and there would be tons of room for groceries. And yes I did read Sommer's blog I am so happry for her. I can't imagine getting ready for a baby that fast!

Chelsea and Cody said...

No car? Man I am so spoiled.

Jami & Mark said...

I am very proud of you for making him wear a helmet! After that trauma rotation, I am a little bet of a safety fanatic! Tell him to be careful though.....helmets don't protect your neck!