Friday, December 5, 2008

love to see the temple, going there thurs-day

Go ahead, sing the primary song. You know you want to.

Thursday nights are temple nights here in Vernal.
I still marvel at the novelty of having a temple within walking distance. What a blessing. I remember my first temple trips - we endured a 5 hour bus drive to Seattle. But of course, there are those who would give anything to only have a 5 hour bus drive! The Vernal temple is a particularly beautiful one. It was built in 1984 and dedicated by President Hinckley. He promised that if the saints would be faithful in frequently attending, the Uinta Basin/Ashley Valley winters would not be quite so harsh. According to the long-time locals, that promise has been realized. Which makes me shudder at the thought of how bad the winters used to be, considering how FRIGGIN FREEZING they are now! I know this first picture is horrible - both because of the lighting, and my laziness in not losing the baby weight (this was in June). On the last picture - can you see the sweet little baby head peaking over?

Oh geez.... just seeing the green grass makes me hungry for Spring! It's going to be a loooong winter. And very chilly Thursday night walks to the temple.

No comments: