Saturday, June 22, 2013

"New" stuff

Since I can't get my Saturday morning high off racing anymore, I'm getting it from yardsaling.  Spent the morning rummaging thru the Bountiful City second hand treasures. Got some MAJOR scores, and really did get a high similar to racing. Unfortunately burning far less calories, but whatever. Bonus: today was our monthly Nickel Auction too! This canvas painting was my favorite win. Went up to 50 cents for this lovely edition. My mom has the same one hanging in her home! The lamp was a $5 yard sale find. We needed a lamp in the family room badly, since the brilliant people who added this room on to the house neglected to install any lights. Apparently a few decades ago, they thought that was unnecessary, since funky lamps were so popular.
Anyways, I'd love to do a post just showcasing all my "new" treasures. I'm just so excited about everything! But that might be boring. And time consuming. So just let your imagination go wild.  Seriously, the world would be such a better place if more people discovered the joy of thrifting.

5 comments:

Lemonpeel said...

amen! I totally scored yesterday too! two huge bags full of little baby boy clothes and a bumbo in perfect condition. very satisfying. :)

Sally Jackson said...

I love your excitement for thrifting! It makes me want to go yard sailing! Only we don't get much fancey stuff here because we're on an isolated island. I would love to see pix of all your awesome treasures!!

Malerie said...

I love good, cheap finds, too. The canvas painting looks great!

Malerie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
summer said...

I love, love yard sales! I used to go with a group when we lived in VA - all of us new moms would pile in a van and be out for a few hours together...best therapy on so many levels, although there were a few times where we'd want the same things. Maybe one day we'll have to meet up and yard sale together - it's one of my favorite parts of the summer season!